Nov 29, 2018
Join our Team!
Looking for a hard-working and friendly articling student to join our team
Nov 06, 2018
Leaving your real estate agent:
Breaking up doesn't just happen in love relationships
Oct 31, 2018
Law firm bring in the spooky spirit to the office
RSS FeedClick to view feed
Join our Team!
Nov 29, 2018
Join our Team
We are a litigation and real estate boutique firm in midtown Toronto looking for two (2) highly-motivated law students to commence articling with our firm as early as January 2019. Both Canadian law school graduates and current NCA Candidates are encouraged to apply.
We have a diverse practice which includes the following areas of law:
• Civil and Commercial Litigation
• Collections, Bankruptcy, and Secured Creditor Enforcement
• Contract Disputes
• Tort Claims including Fraud, Negligence, Defamation, Tortious Interference, Conversion,
• Shareholder Disputes and Oppression Claims
• Construction Liens
• Estates Litigation
• Residential and Commercial Real Estate
• Wills and Estates
• Business Law
Our firm offers articling students the opportunity to get unparalleled hands-on experience in all aspects of practicing civil litigation at a busy law firm. Student responsibilities will include:
• Drafting court documents and pleadings;
• Appearing at uncontested and contested motions in the Superior Court of Justice;
• Attending Small Claims Court matters;
• Communicating and negotiating with opposing counsel and unrepresented litigants;
• Managing client relationships, including drafting legal advice for counsel and regular client communications;
• Conducting legal research and drafting legal memoranda;
• Other legal and administrative assistance as required.
Minimum Academic Requirements:
1. Law Degree (JD or LLB) from an accredited Canadian Law School with a minimum overall average of B-;
2. Law Degree (JD or LLB) from an accredited United Kingdom Law School with a minimum degree classification of Second Class (Upper);
3. A Law Degree from another common law jurisdiction with academic achievement equivalent to either of the above.
Please note that candidates who do not meet the minimum academic requirements will not be considered.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Attention to detail
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Excellent time-management and punctuality
Your application package should include a cover letter, resume, law school transcripts, and any other documents which would highlight your qualifications. Undergraduate transcripts showing final two years of study are not necessary but may be beneficial.
Applicants who obtained their law degree outside of Canada must also provide an NCA Certificate of Qualification or proof of enrolment in the NCA Accreditation Process.
Please send applications to Patrick Bernard at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 21, 2018.