Sep 15, 2017
New market changes:
Should you lease your home?
Jul 17, 2017
What foreign investors need to know
Should you pay the Non-Resident Speculation Tax?
Jun 09, 2017
The changing Toronto market
Appraisers are taking a second look at properties
RSS FeedClick to view feed
Agents versus real estate website
Oct 31, 2013
1) You can waste weeks searching for the right home while missing out on opportunities because the MLS is not immediately updated and omits vital property information.
2) The Sellers agent is negotiating on behalf of the client not on behalf of you, therefore, you could overpay for the house.
3) Without counsel on current market value you could miss out on the dream house by a few thousand dollars in multiple offer situations.
4) Serious problems with the home, particularly structural issues, may not be visible to the untrained eye.
5) Once the deal is done you are on your own if any issues or problems may arise.
When you find an agent that suits you, then you will have an advocate who will screen properties, negotiate the best possible deal for you and handle the dozens of transactional details. It’s also more personable and enjoyable to deal with a friendly, helpful human being.