Are you a dedicated, collegial team player? If so, we would welcome you to our friendly and hard-working GCY team.
We are currently looking for some articling student to join us : Please email your resume to: Poroma Ali at: email@example.com
Here are the details:
We are looking for 3 highly-motivated law students to commence articling with our firm as early as January of 2018. Both Canadian law school graduates and current NCA Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Our firm offers articling students the opportunity to get unparalleled hands-on experience in all aspects of practicing civil litigation at a busy downtown law firm. Student responsibilities will include:
- Drafting court documents and pleadings;
- Drafting motion materials and interlocutory proceedings;
- Appearing at uncontested and contested motions, supervised and eventually unsupervised;
- Attending Small Claims Court matters, supervised and eventually unsupervised;
- Communicating and negotiating with opposing counsel and unrepresented litigants;
- Managing client relationship, including drafting legal advise for counsel and regular client communications;
- Conducting legal research and writing legal memoranda;
- Other legal and administrative assistance as required.
Minimum Academic Requirements:
- Law Degree (JD or LLB) from an accredited Canadian Law School with a minimum overall average of B-;
- Law Degree (JD or LLB) from an accredited United Kingdom Law School with a minimum degree classification of Second Class (Upper);
- A Law Degree from another common law jurisdiction with academic achievement equivalent to either of the above.
Applicants who obtained their law degree outside of Canada must also provide an NCA Certificate of Qualification or proof of enrolment in the NCA Accreditation Process.
Please note that candidates who do not meet the following minimum academic requirements will not be considered.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Attention to detail
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Excellent time-management and punctuality
Your application package should include a cover letter, resume, law school transcripts, and any other documents which highlight your qualifications. Specifically, undergraduate transcripts showing final two years of study are not required but may be considered if submitted.
Please submit your application via email to Poroma Ali by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 5, 2018 and cite “Articling 2018” in the subject line.